It was a slice of bread cooked in a muffin tin and then toasted in the oven.
It was soggy and crispy all at the same time.
0 Stars. Do not recommend it.
This is a valuable lesson in terms of checking before assuming.
Today’s video is The Costly Mistake Contractors Must Avoid in their Construction Contracts. You can watch it here or continue with this quick read.
By now you’ll know that YOU HAVE TO NEGOTIATE EVERY CONTRACT.
Negotiation lowers risk.
Typically there will be a couple of rounds of negotiation… but what you want is for your BIG items to be accepted into the contract.
Where can things go wrong?
According to our data, when you’ve asked them to make specific changes to the contract…
50% OF THE TIME THEY HAVEN’T MADE ALL OF THOSE CHANGES.
This could be intentional or unintentional but it means that you HAVE TO CHECK THE FINAL CONTRACT VERY CAREFULLY.
📣LOUDER FOR THOSE AT THE BACK📣
- CHECK THE FINAL CONTRACT VERY CAREFULLY TO MAKE SURE THAT WHAT YOU’VE AGREED IS IN THE CONTRACT.
- DON’T AGREE TO INSERT A CLARIFICATION DOCUMENT INTO THE CONTRACT. BUILD THE CLARIFICATIONS AND AMENDMENTS INTO THE CONTRACT.
- BE AWARE OF THE ORDER OF PRECEDENCE. THIS MEANS IF THERE’S ANY CONFLICTING INFORMATION THIS IS THE ORDER OF PRECEDENCE AND THIS IS THE DOCUMENT THAT TRUMPS ANOTHER ONE.
- NOT KNOWING THAT CLARIFICATIONS AND AMENDMENTS MAY BE WAY DOWN THE ORDER OF PRECEDENCE AND THEREFORE THE ORIGINAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS COULD STAND.
SO HERE’S WHAT TO DO:
- The terms and conditions should be above the order of precedence.
- Get clarifications and amendments included in the contract not attached as an appendix.
Remember whatever you sign is what matters.
We want you to be the MOST SUCCESSFUL you can possibly be. That’s why we put together content with tips and advice that is tried and tested.
For more contractual advice, Quantum Contract Solutions is here to guide and assist you through everything contract related. Let’s reduce risk in your contracts and save time and money, just click this link to get our FREE case study to show you how clients just like you are doing it.